Installation Engineer / Technician
We're looking for a...
Installation Engineer / Technician
Location: Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom
To make dosing the oceans with poisonous biocides and microplastics a thing of the past, to deliver effective anti-fouling systems using the power of ultrasound, To save the oceans, one ship at a time.
Sonihull antifouling systems use the power of ultrasound to protect the inside and outside of marine vessels and structures from
unwanted marine growth.
Unlike conventional antifouling coating systems, Sonihull does not release poisonous biocides that kill marine organisms or use ablative coatings that leave microplastic pollution in their wake. Sonihull keeps surfaces clear using ultrasound-induced non-inertial cavitation, which disrupts the biofouling process and actively prevents barnacle and mussel attachment.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced technician to join our team as Sonihull Ultrasonic Product Installation Engineer / Technician. The primary responsibility of this role is to install and commission our Sonihull range of ultrasonic products on maritime vessels and offshore structures worldwide. This position requires frequent international travel on short notice to meet project requirements.
- Installation and Commissioning: Perform installation, configuration, and commissioning of Sonihull ultrasonic products on various maritime vessels, including ships, offshore platforms, rigs, and other marine structures.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of Marine Structures and Vessels. Previous experience of installing technical products and or ultrasonic technology is essential for this role. Training will be provided to understand the principles and functionality of Sonihull products to ensure accurate and efficient installation, however previous engineering experience is a must.
- Travel and Flexibility: Be available to travel internationally at short notice to meet project demands. Adapt to changing schedules, work in different time zones. We aim to provide as much notice as possible regarding deployment, however at times this maybe at a days notice.
- Site Assessments: Conduct site assessments and surveys to determine the optimal placement of Sonihull products for effective ultrasonic treatment, utilising your engineering background and training provide by Sonihull. Collaborate with customers, project managers, and other stakeholders to understand specific requirements and ensure successful installations.
- Troubleshooting and Maintenance: Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to customers during and after the installation process. Perform maintenance activities, diagnose system issues, and implement corrective actions to ensure optimal performance of Sonihull products.
- Documentation and Reporting: Prepare accurate installation reports, including site conditions, equipment configurations, and commissioning results. Maintain detailed documentation of work performed, including photos, diagrams, and relevant project information.
- Safety and Compliance: Adhere to all safety guidelines, regulations, and company policies during installation activities. Ensure compliance with relevant industry standards and best practices to guarantee the safety and reliability of installed Sonihull products.
- Customer Interaction: Interact professionally with customers, project teams, and other stakeholders. Provide clear explanations of the installation process, address customer inquiries, and offer training and support as needed.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, including sales, engineering, and project management, to ensure successful project execution. Contribute technical expertise and insights to support product development and improvement initiatives.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with the latest advancements in ultrasonic technology and the maritime industry. Participate in training programs, workshops, and industry conferences to enhance skills and knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; relevant certifications or technical diplomas preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the maritime industry, preferably in installation or maintenance roles.
- Electrical Knowledge: In-depth understanding of electrical systems, including wiring, circuits, grounding, and electrical safety practices specific to the maritime industry. Familiarity with electrical connection methods and techniques is essential.
- Marine Electrical Standards: Familiarity with marine electrical standards, including those set by organizations such as the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Maritime Organization (IMO), and Lloyd’s Register. Understanding of the Electrical Installation Regulations for Ships (BS 8450) is preferred.
- Electrical Testing and Inspection: Proficiency in electrical testing and inspection techniques, such as continuity testing, insulation resistance testing, and earth fault loop impedance testing. Knowledge of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) procedures is advantageous.
- Electrical Documentation: Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, schematics, and technical documentation. Experience in creating electrical as-built drawings and updating electrical documentation accurately
- Health and Safety: Thorough knowledge of electrical safety practices, including the ability to identify and mitigate electrical hazards. Familiarity with regulations such as the Electricity at Work Regulations (1989) and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- Certificates and Records: Maintain up-to-date records of electrical qualifications, certifications, and training.
- Possess valid certificates of competence or accreditation related to electrical work in the maritime industry.
- Teamwork and Communication: Effective communication skills to collaborate with team members, project managers, and clients. Ability to communicate electrical concepts clearly and provide guidance to others involved in the installation process.
- Demonstrated experience with ultrasonic technology and its applications in the maritime sector.
- Willingness to travel internationally at short notice, potentially for extended periods of time.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and internal teams.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate documentation and reports.
- Understanding of safety protocols, regulations, and best practices in the maritime industry.
- Flexibility to work in different environments, including offshore platforms and vessels.
- Valid passport and ability to obtain necessary travel visas and clearances.
An attractive Package is on offer
Interested in this role?
Complete the form below to send your application.